JAMB CAPS 2019 AND WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT: Jamb Introduced new admission method which will began in the year 2017. The process is called Jamb Central Admission Processing System (CAPS). It is through Jamb caps you can check and accept Jamb 2019 admission.
Caps is the Step-by-Step Process Flow of the Admission Exercise for the Education and Information of general public and the stakeholders, particularly the Candidates.
- Jamb CAPS For Jamb 2019/2020 Admission Process Flow
- 1. Forwarding Names Of Those Who Passed Jamb 2019:
- 2. Caps Cut Off Mark:
- 3. Jamb Caps Departmental Cut Off:
- 4. Caps Specialists Trained:
- 5. Jamb Caps Policy Meeting:
- 6. Admission Factors In Caps:
- 7. Students Record Forwarding:
- 8. Uploading Result To Jamb Portal:
- 9. Post Utme 2019:
- 10. Post Utme Result:
- 11. Jamb Caps Ranking Signal:
- 12. List Of Successful Candidates In Caps:
- 18. Forwarding Of Admissihttps://flashlearners.com/check-caps-admission-caps-portal-accept-reject/on Acceptance:
- 19. Caps Admission Letter Printing:
- 20. What If You Reject Admission?:
- Jamb Caps Market Place Operations
Jamb CAPS For Jamb 2019/2020 Admission Process Flow
The following are processes that your details go through before you are finally admitted.
1. Forwarding Names Of Those Who Passed Jamb 2019:
After successful completion of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and release of results, lists of Candidates ere forwarded to their Choice Institutions.
2. Caps Cut Off Mark:
JAMB thereafter requests all Institutions to use the Lists to determine their respective Cut off Marks and forward the same general cut off mark list to JAMB ahead of the Policy Meeting and programme (course).
3. Jamb Caps Departmental Cut Off:
JAMB receives and collate Individual Institution and programme (course) Cut Off Marks as determined by their respective Senate/Academic Board.
4. Caps Specialists Trained:
Three (3) Representatives of Institutions- (Vice Chancellors / Registrars / Provosts), Registrars and Admissions Desk Officers ere trained on the Central Admissions Processing System (CAPS)
5. Jamb Caps Policy Meeting:
Policy Meeting holds with Heads of Tertiary Institution and Regulators to determine, among others, the General Cut Off Marks for categories of institutions, based on earlier submissions of individual Cut Off marks by the Institutions.
6. Admission Factors In Caps:
Based on requests at the Policy Meeting, JAMB requires each Institution to reconfirm its Cut Off Marks and Sets the Cut Off Mark and other Institution specific parameters such as other Admissions Criteria (e.g. Post UTME Screening) and carrying capacity on CAPS.This is on going.
7. Students Record Forwarding:
Institutions download (from CAPS) details of Candidates that meet the Institution’s and program’s Cut Off Mark and had selected them as First Choice Institutions. JAMB additionally provides soft copy of the same information on CDs to Institutions
8. Uploading Result To Jamb Portal:
Candidates using awaiting waec or neco result are to upload it to Jamb portal immediately it is out. Use this link to see how to upload o-level result –Awaiting Results Candidates upload their results to JAMB Portal
9. Post Utme 2019:
Institutions may conduct Post UTME Screenings for downloaded candidates.
10. Post Utme Result:
Post UTME results are being considered as admission factor by schools. Where applicable, the results are uploaded to CAPS to obtain aggregate scores for the candidates.
11. Jamb Caps Ranking Signal:
CAPS ranks and suggests candidates that meet the Institution’s Admissions Criteria as configured on the system by the Institution.
12. List Of Successful Candidates In Caps:
The Admissions Desk Officer of the Institution reviews the List of the Suggested Candidates and makes the decision as to which candidates to select for further processing.
The Admissions Desk Officer generates a List of Proposed Candidates for review and approval of the Head of the Institution
13. The Head of the Institution reviews the List of Proposed Candidates as appropriates and push the List of Recommended Candidates to JAMB.
14. The JAMB (Admission Officer) reviews the Recommended Candidates to confirm they are from those initially sent to the Institution; met the Admissions Criteria as advertised in the brochure and as set on CAPS by the Institution, including upload of and confirm that no qualified candidate has been unjustly denied Admission.
Note: No candidate will be considered without the upload of his/her O’Level and/or A’ Level results.
15. 2019 Admission Status: JAMB generates a List of Provisional Admissions.
16. How To Accept Admission In Caps: JAMB notifies Candidates to Accept / Reject Admission. Click here to know whether you have been offered admission.
17. Accepting Or Rejecting Admission: Candidate Accepts / Rejects Admission on the JAMB Portal or through USSD or Short Service Code within 72 hours.
18. Forwarding Of Admissihttps://flashlearners.com/check-caps-admission-caps-portal-accept-reject/on Acceptance:
If Candidate Accepts Provisional Admission, JAMB updates Admission Status and forwards List of Confirmed Admissions to the Institution
19. Caps Admission Letter Printing:
Candidate prints Admission Letter and Proceeds to the Institution for further internal Admission Processing. Click here for how to print your admission letter.
20. What If You Reject Admission?:
If Candidate Rejects Admission, he/she becomes available in the Market Place for further possible consideration for Admissions.
Jamb Caps Market Place Operations
The Market Place feature in CAPS provides flexibility for the Institutions to source for candidates who may not have earlier chosen the institution for Admission consideration.
Institutions may specify various selection parameters such as UTME score, State/ Local Government, Gender, preferred programmes /course of the Candidates.
The List of Candidates so selected from the Market Place are then pushed to JAMB who then notify the Candidates of Market Place consideration by Institutions. Candidate may Accept / Reject Market Place consideration, subject to a maximum of three (3) Market Place considerations at a time.
The Candidates could also approach the Market Place to announce availability for Admission consideration from any institution or for any programme different from those earlier indicated during the UTME Registration, provided s/he has requisite O’ Level Results and wrote the required subject combination in the UTME.
Any agreement or understanding on Admission consideration between the Institution and candidate based on Market Place operations will have to be effected with a requirement for the Candidate to effect a Change of Institution on the JAMB Portal to be available for Download (Step 6 above) by the new Institution to follow the subsequent steps in the Admission Process.
Important Notice On Jamb Caps:
The existing window for candidates to change Institution or Programme in addition to the Market Place is still available through the e-Facility. Institutions can download (Step 6 of the Admission Process) list of additional candidates who have changed to the institutions since the last download Admissions of candidates can be processed instantly or in batches by Institutions.