HOW TO MAKE BEAN CAKE
As earlier promised, my previous post talked about the ingredients needed to make bean cake popularly referred to as akara. here ill guide you through the steps on how it can be done
- Measure out 3 cups of black-eyed peas
- Peel the beans’ skins off
- Try using a blender to peel the beans more quickly.
- Use a mortar and pestle to peel the beans if you don’t have a blender but don’t want to do it by hand.
- Grind the beans with the chili pepper, onions, salt, and white pepper
- Grind the beans with the chili pepper, onions, salt, and white pepper.
- Heat 2-3 inches (5.08-7.62 cm) of vegetable oil in a heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat.
- Drop the balls into the pot.
- Consume your akara hot or at room temperature.