Windows 8 – How to restore the system to factory default settings?
How to restore a Windows 8 laptop or PC to factory default settings?
1. Please move the mouse to the bottom right corner to initialize the charm bar.
If you are using the touch screen, you need to swipe in from the right edge of your screen to initialize the charm bar.
2. Click “Settings”.
3. Click “Change PC settings”.
4. Click [General] then select [Remove everything and reinstall Windows].
5. Click [Get started].
If the operating system is “Windows 8.1”, please click “Update and recovery”, then select [Remove everything and reinstall Windows].
6. Click [Next].
Note: All your personal files and apps will be removed.
7. Select the drives which you want to remove.
– Only the drive where Windows is installed : Only remove the files in the drive where Windows is installed.
– All drives : Remove all files in the drives.
Note: It is recommended to back up the important files to the external storage.
8. Select the proper options to clean your drive.
9. Click “Reset” to reset your PC.
Note: Please make sure you have made a backup of the important files. It is strongly recommended to connect the power supply to the laptop.
Finally, if you have any issue about the operation process, please consult with the ASUS Service Center.