- Hard Drive Repair Software Fixes Data Loss Issue and Repairs Hard Drive
- What to do when hard drive data get lost?
- How to repair hard disk drive error and restore HDD data?
- How to prevent or protect the hard drive from data loss trouble?
Hard Drive Repair Software Fixes Data Loss Issue and Repairs Hard Drive
What to do when hard drive data get lost?
When hard drive data is lost, the first thing that you must do is to check whether it is a physical hard drive problem that stops you from accessing the data, or it is just a logical problem like deletion, format or hard drive partition loss, etc that causes data loss.
In fact, the later situation (logical problem) can be simply resolved by using the best HDD recovery software.
However, to repair the former trouble (physical hard drive problem), you’ll need to send your hard drive to the data recovery service center.
How to repair hard disk drive error and restore HDD data?
Why can lost data from hard drive be recovered? Lost data was not really damaged, even if you have already emptied the Recycle Bin, used Shift Delete, or the hard disk has been standard/quick formatted, or partition is corrupted or lost. Only the entries to these data have been marked as empty.
Being like in a huge library, the books are still on the shelves, only the catalog which recorded the location of books is lost. And the library is the hard drive, the catalog is the file system of operating system, books are the clusters of the hard disk.
So how to restore lost HDD data? What to do when hard disk corrupted, become RAW or inaccessible?
First. Check and repair hard disk error in Windows 10/8/7 with Chkdsk
Before trying a third-party hard drive recovery software to recover data from a corrupted hard drive, we recommend you to try Windows built-in tool to check and repair hard disk error first. If it works, you can easily access your data. Here’s how to do it in Windows 10, 8 or 7:
- 1. Open This PC/Computer, right-click the hard disk or partition which you want to check and click Properties.
- 2. Select Tools Click > Check now under Error-checking;
- 3. Check Disk Options dialog will show up and select any one of the following options to check and repair hard disk:
- To run Chkdsk in read-only mode, click Start;
- To repair errors without scanning the volume for bad sectors, select Automatically fix file system errors check box, click Start;
- To repair errors, locate bad sectors and recover readable information, click Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors, click Start;
4. Select and check both Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for and attempt recovery of back sectors, then click Start.
After the whole repair process, your hard disk or hard drive partition shall be able to work normally. You can then try to access saved data on the hard drive.
If no data is found, don’t worry. EaseUS hard drive repair software will help you solve the hard drive data loss problems with ease.
- Data loss may be caused by a false operation when you are repairing disk error with the instructions above.
- So you must be as careful as possible to avoid this miserable accident. Besides, it would be a nice choice to use recovery software if the false operation has caused data loss on your HDD.
Second. Use a hard drive recovery software to restore hard drive lost data
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Professional is the best hard drive data recovery software to perform hard drive recovery and restore lost data from software crash, raw file system, formatted or damaged hard disk, virus attack, lost partitions, hard drive recovery and other unknown reasons under Windows. Sometimes, it even recovers data from formatted partitions with original file names and storage paths.
Download this hard drive recovery software and follow below guides to restore lost hard disk data right now:
Step 1: Selecting
- Launch EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard and select the drive where you lose your data.
- Select the very hard drive when you open the file recovery software.
Step 2: Scanning
- Click the “Scan” button. The length of the scanning time highly depends on the drive capacity.
- Wait patiently during this process.
Step 3: Recovering
- After the scan, just choose what you need and click “Recover” button to recover lost data.
- The “Filter”, “Search” and “Extra Files” options are helpful for you to find the desired data from a hard drive.
After this, you shall be able to read and use all your hard disk data again.
Tip: format hard drive to NTFS/FAT32
Here is one more thing that you must do before reusing repaired hard disk drive again:
Format hard disk drive > Reset file system (NTFS/FAT32 etc.) and rename it > Click OK to finish formatting.
Right now, your hard disk drive has been fully repaired and can be reused for storing and saving fancy data again.
How to prevent or protect the hard drive from data loss trouble?
How to avoid hard disk drive data loss trouble on your PC in Windows 10/8/7? Here below, we have some tips for you to protect and prevent hard disk data loss trouble:
- Backup important data on HDD regularly. (External storage devices are recommended.)
- Run CHKDSK command to check and repair hard disk errors frequently.
- Clean up virus with anti-virus software in time.
- Apply EaseUS hard disk repair software to recover HDD lost data timely once data loss trouble happens.