Make your own barley water at home rather than buying from outside. In order to prepare barley water, select the pearled barley for effective weight loss. Here’s a simple and quick recipe:
- Boil some barley pearls until they turn soft; make sure you add three volumes of water to one volume of barley as it tends to soak water.
- Now, strain and collect the water. Repeat till you don’t find any residue in the water.
- If you find the taste of barley water not-so-appealing, we suggest you to add a dash of orange or lemon juice or honey to it. You could also add cinnamon stick to it or ginger to add some flavour to the water. All these condiments are said to help fasten the process of losing weight.
- If you want to sweeten it, go ahead and add a teaspoonful of brown sugar as it is less processed and may not make you gain weight.
- Store the barley water in refrigerator to make it last longer.
Add barley water to your daily diet along with exercises and a healthy diet to lose weight, the healthy way!