Health benefits of eating chicken
1. Rich in Protein – It’s a great source of lean, low fat protein which contribute to muscle growth and development. That protein also helps support a healthy body weight and aids weight loss.
2. Good for the Heart – Eating chicken breast suppresses and controls a body’s homocysteine amino acid levels which, if too high, can lead to cardiovascular disease.
3. Plenty of Phosphorus – They’re rich in phosphorus, an essential mineral that supports your teeth and bones, as well as kidney, liver, and central nervous system function.
4. Abundant in Selenium – Provides this essential mineral involved in metabolic performance … in other words thyroid, hormone, metabolism, and immune function.
5. Boosts Metabolism – Vitamin B6 (or B-complex vitamins) in chicken will keep blood vessels healthy, energy levels high, and metabolism burning away calories so you can manage a healthy weight..
6. Rich in Niacin – Another B-vitamin, niacin helps guard against cancer and other forms of genetic (DNA) damage.
7. Natural Anti-depressant – If you’re feeling depressed, eating some poultry will increase the serotonin amino acid levels in your brain, enhancing your mood, blasting stress, and lulling you to sleep.
8. Promotes Eye Health – An excellent source of retinol, alpha and beta-carotene, and lycopene (all derived from vitamin A) and all vital for healthy eyesight.
9. Essential for Healthy Tissue – Riboflavin (or Vitamin B2), found in chicken livers, will drastically reduce your skin problems and repair dry or damaged skin.
10. Prevents Bone Loss – If you’re entering your senior years and you’re concerned about Osteoporosis or arthritis, eating chicken will aid in your fight against bone loss thanks to the protein punch it packs!