Postinor-2 is a medication used to prevent pregnancy if the sperm penetrates into the ovary, whether intentionally or otherwise. It can prevent pregnancy 95% in the first 24 hour after sex.
It is also used as a form of emergency contraceptive. However, its has effects that every woman planing to take it or that has taken it should be aware of. Here are 6 side effects of Postinor-2;
- If taken in the middle of menstrual cycle, the use may hinder ovulation.
- It can cause change in the menstrual cycle of the lady. Your next period could start earlier or later than expected and the flow could be lighter or heavier than normal.
- It can cause nauseating felling which occurs in approximately 25% its users vomiting.
- It can cause bleeding two to three days after ingestion.
- It can cause breast tenderness, headache, dizziness, fatigue, If your next period is more than 7 days, its recommended you do pregnancy test.
- If the user has reported case of asthma, heart failure, hypertension, migraine, epilepsy, renal impairment, hyperlibidaemia, depression or stroke, it may have severe negative effect.